Saturday 3 March 2012

Production Diary - 3.3.12

It's been quite a while since I last posted and I really felt like writing something down.

I'm in Bath at the moment for the weekend so it's difficult to get any large chunks of time for homework, so updating the blog is perfect.

Rob and I are still pretty much on track with everything, we've had to make a few adjustments to the schedule, we were a little naive with our expectations before... There's a lot more work than we had anticipated.

Rob has pretty much finished modelling the character now and I'm currently texturing them so they're ready for rigging next week. Then I'll be able to properly get on with animating, which I'm actually really looking forward to now.

Animation has begun to a degree... I've keyframed about 15 seconds of footage, which isn't a terrible start considering that I'm actually not concentrating on animating at the moment, also one of the more difficult shots is pretty much done too (The walking towards the screen... Forward walk cycles haunt my nightmares).

As for texturing it's still ongoing but the light at the end of the seemingly endless texturing tunnel is finally nearing, this week should be the end of that! Another day or 2 at it and it'll all be done and I can stop staring at ugly UV wraps =].

I've now used up the amount of time it's socially acceptable to sit in a room on my own during a family gathering so I better get back to the crowd. Ta ra!

No comments:

Post a Comment