Saturday 25 June 2011

Logos Galore!


Thought it was about time that I got these sketches uploaded for everyone (probably just Rob) to see. First are a few of the simple concept sketches I did, while I was brainstorming on my sketchbook in bed.



Note to self: when scanning in an image, be sure to ink the lines first, pencil really does not scan well at all.

I think a logo should be quite simple and preferably instantly recognizable; be it through colours, or shapes. Being in the creative field that we are at the moment I think it’s fairly important to not just have a simple circular emblem with initials in it like so many companies use, but it’s also important for it to be relevant. So I started to sketch simple shapes, keeping the shape of our official mascot rodent in mind. I quite liked the first idea (top left) but decided to keep going, I’m sure there’s some kind of law against settling for your first idea!

 
These are further sketches I did in photoshop, still keeping to the rat theme, but slightly less simple. Most of them didn’t feel like they had much potential for being a logo, but I did like the rat sat at the computer, which I almost did settle on. Then I did the bottom sketch just randomly, which I really love, and am hoping Rob likes too! It’s a simple silhouette, it includes our name, it sticks to a simple square form, and… It’s fun! LIKE IT ROB! =P

Here is the logo, in the silhouette form, completely undecided on a colour (any thoughts Rob?).

 

  
Hopefully, we should be decided on a logo soon! Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. FREAKIN' LOVE IT!! :D

    Was a bit dubious when I saw the first page of pics and didn't think much of any of them...buuuut before reading your comments this last one really stood out to me! Great job! :)

    I think the grey or B/W ones are the best, with the grey probably being my favourite and would go best with theme we have at them moment :D

    If we can integrate them into the paper background with the title we talked about earlier that would be awesome, maybe even replace the title with it?

    ReplyDelete