Sunday 22 January 2012

ARGH! FLOORS! - 23.01.12

After what seems like an eternity staring at my screen I'm going to call it quits, I've been creating the floor tile texture for the set. What it basically consists of is drawing a random shape, tweaking it to look a teensy bit more natural then filling it with one of 5 shades of grey.

I'm actually quite enjoying doing it, but it's taking slightly longer than I anticipated, the first problem was coming up with a system to create a non-uniform texture that would be tile-able. Then, very slowly, making sure that the colours aren't touching became more of an issue.

In hindsight I probably should have done 6 or 7 or maybe even more shades to make it easier, but I suppose this adds a bit of a challenge!

Anyway, it's now 2.30am and my burning eyes are telling me to go to bed. So I'm leaving a small post with some WIP shots of what I did tonight:





Fun, right? =] Will finish this with some fresh eyes in the morning... Well, afternoon. 

Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment