Sunday 22 January 2012

Work Update - 22.01.12

Well work continues at a steady pace at uni and at home. I just a few moments ago finished the texture maps for buildings on the 2D side of the set, and animation is scheduled for starting this coming week... I'm nervous! But excited to start getting some actual footage.

I have a little work to do on the floor texture... Or rather quite a lot of work... 

Friday was our official weekly day-off and while playing Dead Island Rob pointed out that he quite liked the style of the floor in one of the locations, so I snapped it for reference:


A nice non-uniform tiled design... Not at all like I was asked to do (I'm lookin' at you ROB)... So work will begin on the 3rd design of the floor now. The completely random orientation of the tiles will help it look more 'in-place'. We can achieve the shading with a relatively simple bump-map. Overall I'm happy this is the pattern we're aiming for, I just wish I could get those 3 hours of drawing squares back (ah well).

Anyway all is still going to schedule, though through some discussion Rob and I think we will probably need an extra few weeks of actual animation than the schedule says, but it's OK because we actually had 3 weeks spare in the schedule anyway! Job's a good 'un; as they say.

Glad the 2D building texturing is finally done, one can only take so much rescaling and moving things! I need to draw, now!

Better get started on this floor texture! Toodles =]

No comments:

Post a Comment