Saturday 14 April 2012

Production diary - 14.04.12

31 days to our personal deadline! Not the actual deadline...

I finally have screenshots to show that I actually did anything at all for the first 2 months of this semester. As I mentioned before, I didn't think it was worth uploading images of the texture files, as on their own... They don't really look like much at all. The textures are now almost all applied to the scene and characters and things are really starting to take shape!

Here's some renders of Rookie's side of the canal with some textures applied (courtesy of Rob):


 Rob and I are both extremely happy with how the set is starting to look. I'll point out now that Rob did all of the modelling, and I created all of the textures, which Rob is applying. The sheer amount of files was slightly ridiculous, but it's looking like it was all worth it. I think the small details that we made sure to include add a lot of character to the whole set.


Here is another building textured... The marble textures (black bits) are a lot more detailed than they look! Slightly disappointing they don't show up more but on the whole it looks so good I don't feel like I wasted any time.

And last but certainly not least is how the first establishing shot is going to look:


There's just a few textures to go and it's looking fantastic! The central building at the back (the town hall) is much too bright (my fault) so I'm going to make some tweaks to the files, but otherwise the whole things is looking even better than I hoped it would, especially with the city scape back drop, which I also need to tweak.

In the mean time, I've been animating several shots, we're pretty much on track still, which is good, and I've mostly finished my action plan and have finished my essay ready for hand-in on Tuesday.

Things are looking good! Back to animating I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment