Saturday 21 April 2012

Production Diary - 21.04.12

24 days to our deadline!

Things seem to be going quite well on the animation side. We've had quite a productive week this week!

A few textures were missing so I've had to spend some time making the missing stuff and fixing a few errors on the previous textures, all done now!

Animating is also coming along, only 13 shots left to keyframe, then I'm going through and inbetweening them. The keyframed shots basically look animated... Since I'm doing breakdowns (semi-inbetweens) for all of the movement, especially 3D movement. The inbetweens shouldn't take too long, but perhaps I'm being too optimistic! Time will tell... For now I remain confident we'll get it done!

There are a few shots that I'm avoiding animating at the moment, I won't ever want to do them... But eventually I'm going to run out of other shots.

The perspective shot from the ground is my most dreaded shot... What the HELL did we put that shot in for?!

For the sake of practicality we've had to make some cuts, for render times and work load we've removed a few of the members of the crowd. The girlfriend, because she had an awkward model that would have looked stupid without quite a lot of tweaking of cloth mods etc etc, and the grandson, just to save a little work animating him and allow us to slow down some of the movement in one of our shots.

Rob and I had hit a little bit of a brick wall with motivation at the end of last week. We're just drowning in work at the moment, but we took a long long long over due day off yesterday, played some squash and today we're feeling much better about things... Seems that the days off are quite important!

So for now, all is well!

Back... To... Animating...

No comments:

Post a Comment