Thursday 24 May 2012

Action Plan Research: 3D Modelling

As I've mentioned in the action plan I'd really like to learn to do 3D modelling now that I have a chance, a lot of graphic design jobs use 3D modelled characters and building a character is actually something I've enjoyed, from what little I've done, and would add a great deal of variety to my experience and abilities, and open a very large portion of the animation job sector... Most animation jobs that you see advertised are for CGI modellers / animators, and having this ability also opens up the games industry.

Whether it's for the games industry or for animation I'd like to learn modelling, I'm only really interested in the pre production stage of animation right now. So modelling would be great, I'll have to learn to use a variety of programs, and it's a very hard thing to get into. 

I've already started learning some of ZBrush and Sculptris, but Maya and 3DS Max I'm still completely clueless with. 

I'd like to build an entire character modelling section to go into my portfolio on my website, the biggest hurdle is to learn the programs. I expect I'll have to spend many hours watching online tutorials (of which there are many). I only hope that I have enough time between my summer job, building my graphics showreel and expanding my drawings portfolio... I have quite a lot to do, but learning 3D modelling would probably open up the most opportunitites.

No comments:

Post a Comment