Thursday 24 May 2012

Action Plan Research: The Holy Trinity - Dreamworks

Dreamworks... Aaah Dreamworks, how I do love your films!




I've been a huge Dreamworks fan for as long as I can remember, if there was one place I truly dreamed I could work it would be here. The films that they produce are fantastic, and because they aren't exclusively targeted at extremely young audiences, the films are really watchable for adults too. 


One of the main things I've grown to love about Dreamworks is the amazing attention to detail that they pay to their films. You can watch a Dreamworks film over and over, and notice something new that will make you laugh everytime (at least for a very long time)! I must have watched Megamind a hundred times, and I'm still noticing new things everytime I watch it again... In fact I think I'll watch it again while I cozy up in bed after my hand in.


Dreamworks are based in California, USA. So commuting there could be an issue, I think for a job at Dreamworks I'd definitely be willing to relocate, it's not an opportunity you can pass up as an animator, if you're lucky enough to get one that is... Not just for the glamour of working for such an illustrious company, but for the perks...


You see, Dreamworks really look after their employees, the grounds look like a 5 star luxury resort, with gyms, pools, basketball courts and all! I don't think I'd ever leave if I did work there, it's freaking beautiful!








... I KNOW RIGHT?!


That's actually an animation house, and yes... That's a staff room! Complete with warm decor, a pool table, leather armchairs, and 2 widescreen gaming setups in the background, just to blow off some steam on your lunch break... Seriously... This company KNOWS how to keep their people happy!


I wish I could be one of them...


Dreamworks are one of the industry leaders in taking on interns, and have a comprehensive range of positions for students from various backgrounds. The intern positions are advertised just like jobs, and you apply for them in the exact same way. It's exciting, as they accept people straight out of university, the positions are highly sought after, so you have to be either incredible or incredibly lucky... 


I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a suitable position on the website:


http://careers.dreamworksanimation.com/internships.php



No comments:

Post a Comment