Friday 25 May 2012

Action Plan Research: Matinai



Matinai are another small animation company based in Bristol. They work in both 2D and CG in equal measure. The 3D work that they do has a very simple and stylized visual that I really like. It gives the films a really quirky look.


Again being based in bristol makes it an acceptable commuting distance away from Bath, and with the work they do in 2D I don't feel totally unqualified for a position there. I would like to try to create a 3D portfolio in order to help with applying for jobs at studios who do work in CG. 


I think that a 3D portfolio would increase my chances of getting a position at any animation studio, including 2D studios, just to add some variety to my skill set. It's possible that a 2D studio might require a 3D animator or modeller to increase their range of work, and allow them to accept a greater range of commissions.


I'll apply for a position here with just my 2D showreel and portfolio if I don't get chance to make a 3D collection of work, but ideally, I'll have enough time over the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment