Tuesday 23 August 2011

Alien Set Design

Hello all!

Got a little carried away today with this start to my set design. Decided to draw the houses of the 2 characters in the film. 

The basic goal, was to show how similar the 2 worlds are, while still being very similar. 

What I tried to do was mimic the layout, as a mirrored image, and changing the shape and colours of most if not all of the components. 


Being 2 images side by side in the same file, created an ENORMOUS amount of layers. Next time I try to do something similar, I will just compose them together afterwards to save myself a headache!

Here are the images separately, so you can have a better look!


Hope that this gives you a little more insight into the idea! I'm very excited to get started story boarding when semester starts!

See you next time!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the style of these, especially the alien house...can't help thinking it could still be a little more...alien. Definitely liking the direction it's going though.

    Still need to see a rough outline of the story dude?! Any chance I'm gonna get to see it before we go back?

    ReplyDelete