Thursday 25 August 2011

Birdbox Studios!

In my countless hours perusing everything that youtube has to offer, I've stumbled across quite a few little gems.

Last night while browsing short animations I came across this awesome little video from Birdbox Studios:


I'd love to do a video in this kind of impressionist style. I think it looks fantastic, and it wouldn't be infeasible to do it in a 3D style... Maybe i'll come back to that idea later!

Of course, after that I had to check what other videos they had. Sadly they only have 6 videos, but they are all very funny, and very well animated too! It turns out, that they also are the makers of the ice cream video that rob linked a few days ago: here.

Here are another few great great videos from them, I'm sure they'll make you laugh!

 





Great videos all of them! I like the simple looking animation (I know it's not actually simple). The 'Sketchy Blues' video reminds me very much of Bill Plympton's videos with the rough sketchy lines.

I'd better get to finishing my drawings today; I'm currently working on more character development for the alien idea... I realized today that I actually didn't draw out the human child yet! Silly me. Expect that up in a few hours.

Matty out!

1 comment:

  1. Haha yeh I checked all of these out the other day but dunno why I didn't blog them. I love the style and the 1st one is probably my favourite of this selection, even though I like the thought that went into the crab driving sideways, made me laugh a lot! As well as sketchy blues, don't like the style as much though.

    ReplyDelete