Thursday 11 August 2011

Quickfire Portraits

Hello all!

Kicked into action once again by Rob uploading and making me feel lazy!
I was going to do some speed life drawing like he did, but instead decided to go for speed portraits. So I quickly gathered up a bunch of character portraits (some you may recognize) and started sketching quickly from them.




This was just an exercise for me to get a little reminder of proportion of faces, my cartoony sketching has, I admit, warped my drawing habits. For example, I noticed that I was actually creating much smaller chins / jaws than what is correct proportion (particularly on women). 


Another quick helpful tidbit mostly aimed at Rob:
A way to save yourself some time when 'signing' in photoshop.
1. Open up the logo you sign with.
2. Using the magic wand (w) select the blank space around the image, also select the spaces inside letters are selected etc.
3. Go to Select > Select Inverse. Your logo should now be entirely selected.
4. Now go to Edit > Define Brush Preset, and select a name for your new brush.


Now your logo will forever live inside your brushes panel, so you can quickly select it, size it as you like and re-colour it with ease. It also doesn't add as much to your file size as importing the actual image.


Enjoy! 


Next time; sketches from my newest idea. All about guards!

1 comment:

  1. That is a really good idea! :) just did it now, took about 30 seconds to make and then I played with it for about 10 minutes coz you can just make loads of them :D

    ReplyDelete