Monday 22 August 2011

Glowy Looky Goody!

No idea what I was thinking with this title... My brain froze on this one, and I am eternally sorry!

Anyway, I thought I'd better post a step-by-step development of this idea; my guard idea. Here's a slight progression, this one includes the characters, so you can get an idea of what I intend everything to look like.


Yes, the characters are very very rough. This is just to get an idea of the feel of the film. The finished characters will almost definitely be vectored and much cleaner looking, like a puppet... but 2D!

My first thoughts about this are I actually really like how the characters stand out, the blue may need to be brighter... 

Also, I almost immediately realized when I drew in the characters, the castle has to be much bigger, so that the characters can occupy more screen room, like this they are much much too small... But that is easily fixable, and nothing is set in stone.


And more good news, is I'm getting a much stronger grasp on my final (3rd) 3 minute idea for next year! You will be seeing work from my series project and the final 3 minute film very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment